Where do I even begin?
I still can't believe that I have been a Reflexologist for 10 years. For a quarter of my life now I have been a Mom, a Reflexologist and an Educator. I live a dream life! One that provides me with the flexibility of my own schedule so that I can spend quality time with my family, one that provides me with a sense of purpose and meaning as I help others with their wellness goals, one that allows me the opportunity to Educate ~ Empower ~ Inspire others regularly. And it all started because one day I stared at a stick that had a pink plus sign.
Later this year my son will turn 11 years old. From the moment I knew I was pregnant he has been the motivation behind pursuing more, dreaming more and inspiring to be more. And this last year has brought us so many changes personally and professionally! I have zero regrets and a few highlights to share from this 10 year journey.
Before starting to write this I looked back on a previous blog post - My Journey to Today - written in July 2012. That was 5 years into this incredible journey. At the time I wrote that, I could hardly believe it had
been 5 years because so much had taken place up to that point.
1. Starting my training as a Reflexologist
2. Building a clinical practice so that I could quit my full time job
3. Additional training courses to be a Maternity Reflexologist, Baby & Child Reflexologist, Doula and Instructor
4. My son started school
5. And right at that point, not many people knew that I was the proud new owner of The Healing Arts Learning Organization
Later in 2012 I would go on to open my own multidisciplinary clinic with some other colleagues in the industry which had been a dream of mine since the beginning! Needless to say, things were BUSY. Too busy in fact which is why the last 5 years have been focusing more on balance than growth. Restructuring my priorities and making tough choices when necessary to ensure that what I was doing continued to be reflective of my WHY (being a more present parent to my son).
Highlights of the last 5 years of this journey are:
1. Opening my own multidisciplinary clinic with other like-minded practitioners (my former colleagues still run a space in Hespeler part of Cambridge under the name Wellness Team on Queen )
2. Officially getting married!!
3. Letting Doula Training Canada be it's own organization, now led by Shaunacy King
4. Refocusing the training opportunities offered to be on Reflexology and making it a more well known modality for natural health care support
5. Changing the name of The Healing Arts Learning Organization to Soul Treatments Wellness Ltd. so that it is now a true reflection of my missions, values and objectives.
Soul Treatments Wellness Ltd.
I have done so much soul searching and personal reflection in this past year as so much has shifted and changed, and I finally feel like everything I have worked so hard for these last 10 years has come full circle!!
I am able to inspire others with the more than 20 years of knowledge I have gained by offering them the opportunity to start their own successful business in health care as a Reflexologist and enjoy living an amazing career like I have these last 10 years. And I get to do this all across Canada!!
I still see my regular clients in Cambridge ON, but my services are a lot different as they don't just focus on Reflexology, but rather how all of the skills I have gained over 10 years can work to educate and empower my clients in their wellness goals. I still focus mainly on maternity and postpartum clients, but no longer attend births as a Doula. Instead I offer these clients the value of the skills I have obtained and help them to prepare naturally for a health pregnancy, birth and postpartum period. I focus a lot on child clients because I have seen the value natural health has had for my son and I want others to benefit from having healthy children as well.
Where will the next 10 years take me? I have plans! But just like I could not have predicted these past 10 years and the magnitude of where I have been, I am going to watch and see where this journey takes me and hope you remain with me on the ride!
Thank you for being a part of this amazing journey with me!!!
Tanya Goreing is the proud mother of one boy and the owner of Soul Treatments. The natural health of woman and children is her passion!